Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What a pain in the a@#!! Today is not going well... I need to vent!!!

After much dawdling I took what is now a required course in having a motorcycle license; the Motorcycle Safety Foundation training course (MSF).  At the conclusion of the two-day course we were given completion cards to submit to the DMV so one can apply to have the "M" designation added to the driver's license.

Pain #1
At the DMV, the person at the counter asked to see my ID.  I handed him my regular driver's license (which is a primary ID according to the DMV website) and proceeded to process my application.  Somewhere during his typing, he asks me for further ID to which I stated I did not have anything else other than what I gave him.  He informed me that he cannot do so without another form (such as a US passport) to continue.  I did not ask or challenge this person's request even though I am aware that my regular ID is all I really needed and left.  Since I did not have a US passport, I proceeded to apply for that and noted it would take another 4-6 weeks for the passport to arrive so I thought I'd wait and do the DMV thing afterwards.  Dangit!!

Pain #2
Yesterday, I was happy to receive my new passport since it only took about 2 weeks altogether.  I noted that they did not return my US Naturalization document so I immediately went to the travel.state.gov site and read that if the supporting documents were not sent with the new passport, it will be sent in a separate mailing.  I also emailed them to inquire and received a reply to expect the separate mailing anywhere within two weeks.

Pain #3
This morning, I planned to do the DMV application and brought my new passport as proof.  I proceeded to load the car with my stuff and just as I was about the start the car, I realized the MSF completion card was not where I had left it.  I practically turned the car upside down looking for this thing.  I went back into the house and went to my paper stack (even though I am sure I did not bring it into the house) but could not find it. After much digging, I decided to go to the MSF training area itself to talk to the instructor and ask for a replacement.  To make a long story short, I found out that to get a replacement card I have to send an envelope with a note and a return envelope and $15!  This about sent me through the roof!  The guy on the phone told me that "the state tells us to charge this amount!"  So now I again have to delay the "M" designation.  Arggghhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment